Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC)
The Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC) is one of the StanCOG Standing Committees. This committee, statutorily created in 1988 by Senate Bill (SB) 498, advises the Policy Board on transit issues. It annually reviews the transit needs in the region and makes a recommendation regarding unmet transit needs that are reasonable to meet. This information is utilized by the Policy Board in their annual unmet transit needs determination and finding.
Its membership is comprised of residents of Stanislaus County who are transit users, social service providers, seniors and the handicapped.
SSTAC meetings are typically held the first Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am in the StanCOG Board Room, 1111 I Street, 3rd floor, in downtown Modesto. These meetings are open to the public and there is an opportunity on every agenda for the public to offer comments.
Individuals interested in serving on the SSTAC can be referred by their member agency. Applicants from the public are solicited and accepted.
The Council is comprised of:
- 1 Potential transit user 60 years of age or older
- 1 Potential transit user who is a person with a disability
- 2 Social Service providers for seniors, one of which provides transportation services
- 2 Social Service providers for persons with disabilities, one of which is a transportation provider
- 1 Social Service provider for person of limited means
- 1 Transit Operator
- 1 Consolidated Transportation Service Agency (MOVE) Representative
Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC) Agendas
|Stacie Morales - Chair||MOVE|
|Lillian Castigliano - Vice Chair||Commission on Aging|
|Adam Barth||Transit Operators|
|Margie Palomino||Area Agency on Aging (AAA)|
|Simona Rios||Catholic Charities|
|George Sharp||Transit User|
|Carla Strong||Howard Training Center|